Buying an investment property goes beyond the home improvement shows of doing a cheap, fast remodel and turning a quick profit. Ken and Tammi unpack how to set up a plan when buying real estate and how to create an exit strategy so that you can win. A helpful tip for all listeners is to know that you make your money when you buy, not when you sell. It’s more important than ever to get the deal just right, especially in an unpredictable future.
Ken Greene transitioned from being a Professional Engineer (P.E.) to the “Engineer of Finance.” His goal is to help people become financially independent and help them earn better yields with less risk by investing Off Wall Street.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information of this episode go to http://engineeroffinance.com
- Connect with Ken Greene
- Creating financial strategies that work for you – 3:35
- Learning from clients – 7:21
- A good deal and a bad deal – 7:49
- Ways to get into real estate – 8:21
- Tammi’s plan to buy a property – 9:43
- There is no crystal ball – 13:08
- What is an exit strategy? – 14:00
- Tammi’s son’s experience fixing homes – 15:47
- Making money on what you buy, not in what you sell – 17:28
- The ideal house – 18:51
- The decision-making process – 25:10
- Real estate projections – 26:14
- The adventure of buying a house – 28:03
- Pros and cons of making a decision – 32:36
- Making your own decision – 36:00
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.