How much should your family’s income be to be able to afford your own home?
Have you heard of the House Affordability Index?
For today’s episode, Ken discusses the housing affordability complex and how the calculation occurs. He also touches on the topics of how supply and demand, as well as the rising interest rates, impact housing affordability.
Ken Greene transitioned from being a Professional Engineer (P.E.) to the “Engineer of Finance.” His goal is to help people become financially independent and help them earn better yields with less risk by investing Off Wall Street.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For resources and additional information on this episode go to http://engineeroffinance.com
- Connect with Ken Greene
- Office 775-624-8839
- Article from Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Zillow’s Affordability Calculator
Book a meeting with Ken
If you liked what you’ve heard and would like a one-on-one meeting with the Engineer Of Finance click here
- Can real estate keep going up and up? – 1:34
- The housing affordability index and how the calculation occurs. – 2:34
- The biggest thing that could have an impact on real estate for this year and moving forward. – 3:30
- The other thing that could have a huge impact on the supply and demand. – 3:50
- Trying the Affordability Calculator from Zillow. – 5:03
- Ken’s version of the housing affordability index. – 11:08
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download